It’s official, I’m the proud new owner of a Liebster Award courtesy of Erin over at The Zen Nest– one of my favorite blogs!
Ancient Internet folklore suggests that this particular blog award originated on a German blog, apparently the rules have changed over the years- but the goal has always been to bring attention to undiscovered bloggers. And undiscovered I am! The culture of blog awards is great, it gives bloggers the chance to drive traffic to their favorite blogs- and it’s a great reminder that we’re not all just writing and then sending things out into an empty void.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
- Show off your award on your blog (in a post, widget, etc. like I did).
- Answer 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- Create 10 questions of your own. (Don’t worry, you can use mine if you want).
- Nominate 5-10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. (Note: Apparently most of the blogs I follow have many followers already, as such I have nominated only three- but it’s quality not quantity!)
- And of course, tell them about it and provide a link back to your website so that they can know more about the award!
Here are my questions from Erin:
1. What are your hobbies? Writing, photography, reading, physical activity of all kinds, cooking, dancing, and board/card games.
2. Movie theater or Netflix? Netflix of course! Movie theatre viewing is a special occasion thing in my book- and I always sneak in snacks.
3. East coast or West coast? I always thought I was an East Coast type (and that’s where I live now), but more and more I feel drawn to the Pacific Northwest. I find myself longing for natural beauty and lack of dense crowds.
4. Trip of a lifetime, where would you go? I’d love to sail up the coast of Norway to see all the Fjords- and end with a hike to see the Northern Lights.
5. Dinner and dancing out with friends or dinner party and gathering at your house? Dinner party at my house, I’m a homebody- plus at this point I feel that I can out-cook most moderately priced restaurants.
6. Your dream home decor is colorful and busy or white and sparse? Colorful and sparse! I like bold colors, but clean lines and no clutter.
7. Summer or Winter? SUMMER. I’m so cold you guys, so cold.
8. Why do you blog? I started this blog because I love to write, photograph, and create recipes. Also because I honestly feel that there is a need for more resources for frugal living. I feel that our culture is at a pivotal time in terms of consumption and priorities. It saddens me that most people live their entire (very short) lives thinking that most things aren’t a choice, when they are. I don’t like that the dominant culture leaves people so little time for the things that really matter- it seems that continuing on that path indicates an unwillingness to learn from the past (of humanity and of individuals). I want to show people an alternative way of living so that they can begin to ask themselves meaningful questions, and I want to show them just how “normal” going against the grain can look.
9. Where will you be 5 years from now? I can honestly say that I have no idea. I try not to hope too much for things, but if I could for a moment- I hope that wherever I am in 5 years is a place that I will stay for a good long time. I have lived (so far) a transient lifestyle, moving every other year or so. While I have enjoyed it immensely, I’m ready to stay put somewhere- I just haven’t found that place yet, maybe five years from now I’ll be there.
10. What is your one all-time favorite food? Probably sea scallops. Or butter.
I’d like to take this time to nominate some of my favorite up and coming bloggers: Shoestring Cottage, That Indian Minimalist, and My Kitchen Memories. I’ll keep the same set of questions for these bloggers as I had from Erin- happy blogging everyone!