My apartment is pretty cute, but the key to keeping a small space comfortable is to make sure it doesn’t look cluttered. This under-table clutter has always bugged me. I’m not very good at DIY stuff or crafting, but I’d like to get better. I also tend to not start projects because I get worried the results won’t look perfect and exactly the way that I want. Well, I decided today that I was being a little ridiculous. Instead, I approached fixing this problem with one goal- not to make it look perfect, just to make it look a little better.
So, here it is: a little crooked, a little wrinkled, and there are some gaps. BUT- it does indeed look better than it did before. I burned the sides of each piece of fabric to avoid extra sewing (laaaazzzzzyyyyy). I hemmed the bottom of each piece, which only took about 20 minutes. Then I used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the table- not bad! I think if the fabric was steamed it would look better, but I don’t have a steamer or iron- so there you have it!
Definitely a modest improvement!
The fabric was $2 and I had everything else already so it was at the very least a frugal fix. The best part is that now your eye doesn’t go right to the wires and video games when you’re sitting on the couch: